Saturday, December 15, 2007

Hammy's Collection


Lest you think I was turned off by my experience at Dixies, I do keep a small inventory of hot sauce around the house. This, plus 6 open bottles in the fridge represent what I am trying out right now. There are sauces representing 4 or 5 continents in my stash, and my personal favorite which I am hoarding the last little bit of right now is called 'African Rhino Peri-Peri Pepper Sauce' from the good folks at Kalahari Pepper Company ( http://hotshotshotsauce.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=99 ). This is not a hot sauce by any stretch of the imagination, but it has a very interesting and unique flavor which lends itself especially well to chicken, though I suspect it would find use in a variety of meat dishes. I plan on getting another bottle shortly. Do you like all the colors? Yes, that bottle of Dave's Insanity sauce is about half gone. Dave's is my standard go-to eatin' sauce when I'm feeling a bit froggy. There's much hotter out there, but Dave's is cheap heat (unlike designer hot sauce). If you spoon enough on, then you'll be fine most of the time. ;)

No comments: